‘Tis the season of giving and gratitude.
One of the things that I love so much about coaching my clients is that I get to witness their big generous hearts! So many people come to me to learn to make more money so that they can be more generous.
The thing is, true generosity benefits both people and both parties involved.
A lot of us sacrifice ourselves for the sake of being generous to others. That is NOT generous. That is martyrdom and it creates scarcity and resentment.
Tell me you are generous, but not generous to yourself, and I’m not going to believe you.
What I want to offer is that generosity and gratitude start with you.
GIVE THANKS TO YOU.
“As within, so without.” When you show up with a huge heaping of generous gratitude for your own self, it spills over into the world around you.
So, when was the last time you really paused to intentionally thank YOU?
I like to start by thanking my past self for all the things she’s done to get me where I am now.
Here are some of the things I am grateful to myself for:
- showing up when I’d rather hide in bed
- speaking my truth when my voice shakes
- doing hard things
- having hard conversations
- taking risks and chances
- asking for help when needed
- practicing courage when scared AF (thank you anxiety!)
- Holding space for my mean girl and loving her too
- nourishing my mental health
- Believing in myself despite feeling full of self-doubt
- commiting to my dreams, big or small, and taking action
- Nurturing my own heart every time it broke
- having my own back
- asking for what I want when I didn’t feel deserving of it
- treating myself to the good things in life
- investing in myself
And most recently, I am very proud for believing I am worth all of the effort! I am so thankful to my past self for showing up for me in all these ways.
And, I’ll keep doing it for my future self because she deserves it!!
What do you thank your past self for? What will your future self be thanking you for now?
Ready to develop your confidence? Let’s Talk.